Eating a healthy balanced diet can help you to maintain a healthy weight. Simple changes can have a positive impact on living a healthier life.
The Eatwell Guide
This guide shows how much of what you eat overall should come from each food group to achieve a healthy, balanced diet.
You do not need to achieve this balance with every meal, but you should try to get the balance right over a day or even a week.
If you’re interested in finding out more, you can visit the NHS website for further information.
Struggling to find healthy recipes or just need some inspiration?
- Better Health Families is a great source for family friendly recipes
- Cooking on a Bootstrap has a range of low cost recipes for cooking on a budget
- BBC website has a wide range of recipes that cater to a variety of dietary requirements
- Love Food Hate Waste website provides recipes for utilising leftover foods
- British Heart Foundation has a variety of recipe that you can filter by dietary requirements